Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Crypto and Mainstream Payments

hi! it has been a long while since I have posted anything but since I am in semi-retirement mode, I thought I would start it up again. I keep reading the press releases about this site and that ecommerce platform adding crypto payments to their platforms. What am I missing? I emphasize the context of the post - "mainstream" payments. I see ZERO reasons how this adds value in this context. I define "mainstream" as your typical retail purchase transaction for physical goods or services. This article generally sums up my perception of the situation. If properly regulated, the costs added to be regulated and the customer service requirements that would entail would likely signifcantly diminish any economic benefits. Thoughts?

No comments: